Tomato with Herbed Meatballs & Orzo
What You'll Need
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 tsp. dry oregano
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp. Spectrum® Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced medium
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cup Imagine® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint, roughly chopped
How to Make
- Place the ground turkey in a large bowl. Add in the spices, herbs, bread crumbs, egg and water.
- Using your hands, mix together until well combined, but not over mixed.
- Form walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350° F pre-heated oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven and reserve.
- In a large pot, boil water and cook the orzo according to package directions.
- Shock to cool the pasta and reserve. To shock, drain the pasta and place the strainer or colander into a bowl or pot of ice water, stirring gently. Wait about 30 seconds, then let the water drain out – reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Add in the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until translucent.
- Pour in the Tomato Soup and mint. Bring to a simmer.
- In a greased ovenproof baking dish, place the cooked orzo on bottom. Layer in the meatballs and add the sauce on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350° F oven for 15 minutes until heated through.