Portobello Mushroom with Parmesan Polenta
What You'll Need
FOR THE MUSHROOMS:
- 1/4 C. Spectrum® Olive Oil
- 14 oz. assorted mushrooms, (about 3 cups), stemmed and sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 C. Imagine® Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup
- 1 qt. (32 oz. carton) Imagine® Organic Vegetable Broth
- Hain® Sea Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 C. dry polenta (yellow cornmeal)
- 1/2 C. parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 C. Italian parsley, roughly chopped
How to Make
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add in the mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme; cook for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Pour in the Imagine® Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup and adjust heat to medium.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through.
- Adjust seasonings, as desired. Reserve and keep warm.
- In a large sauce pot, heat the stock or broth to a rolling boil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a slow and steady stream, pour the polenta grains into the boiling stock, while constantly whisking.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to whisk until it is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from fire, and add the parmesan cheese and butter. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Pour the hot polenta onto a platter or individual plates.
- Evenly divide the reserved mushrooms and place atop the polenta.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.